Tuesday 13 November 2012

Original Joes - November 13th

Original Joe's - November 13th

In case you've been living under a rock, or just haven't been privy to all the new and exciting happenings in Fort McMurray, we have a new Restaurant & Bar in Fort McMurray.. Original Joe's! The newest dining location is located at  8406 Franklin Avenue in the Save-On parking lot.

If you haven't been to an Original Joe's before, I highly recommend you do. They feature a lot of different beer on tap, as well as a lot of great pub food.

Original Joe's had their official opening on November 11th, from what I read on that day, the service was great, the food was great and the beer was cold and delicious. One of the hardest things to do on an opening day is stay consistent with all of these things.

I decided to check out the newest place for food and drink today during lunch. Finding a spot to park in a parking lot that is home to a grocery store, liquor store, a soon to open coffee franchise and now a restaurant and bar can be a bit tricky and I would say this is going to cause more headaches than previously thought.

Walking in, the deep brown decor was warm and comforting. Nothing was over the top or flashy. Tasteful would be a great word to describe it. There was a lot of seating and plenty of TVs along the walls.

For a starter I went with the Greek garlic wings. Now just a heads up, I did not take pictures of my meal so I am "borrowing" these photos from the originaljoes.ca website.

This photo isn't of the Greek style wings but you get the idea.. Wings! The flavor was pretty great and the wings were cooked perfectly. They offer the usual suspects as well but next time, I will certainly be back to try Dill Pickle flavour.

For my main I got the Double Dog.
I do have a tendency of making a mess while eating food, so thankfully this hotdog was wrapped for my eating safety. When you order this, or any other burgers or sandwiches, you get two sides; I went with the honey slaw (cole slaw with a dash of honey) as well as the potato salad (which had real bacon in it). Everything about this meal was phenomenal.

I would like to point out that our service was fantastic, especially seeing how busy the place seemed, it looked like it was running perfectly smoothly. Kudos to the well trained staff. Everyone appeared to be seasoned pros and it was quite refreshing to say the least.

Original Joe's is a great place to go for a good meal and a hearty drink. They have about a bajillion (okay less than that.. but a lot!) of different beer on tap including their own line of beer. Check out some of the beer they have on tap here: http://www.originaljoes.ca/meetourgirls

Hopefully you all enjoyed the same experience I had. Let me know what you think!

@ymmfoodcritic
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment